Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Standing Alone

 

1 Corinthians 16:13  Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Dare to be a Daniel,
Dare to stand alone,
Dare to have a purpose firm,
Dare to make it known.

------------

My heart has been grieved lately by all the Christians who are stamping their feet and crying out about gun control and American rights while there are fewer and fewer who are crying out about the corrupting of God’s word and the need to stand fast in the faith.  We hear more of believers compromising, falling into worldly lusts, and giving up their standards and yet there seem to be fewer holding forth the word of life in truth, purity and boldness.    [Illustration based on Briton Rivière’s painting.]

This particular item that I copied and posted on my web page quite awhile back seems so needful today.  We need more Christians who are willing to stand fast in the faith, even if that means standing alone.

Standing Alone

IT IS HUMAN to stand with the crowd; it is divine to stand alone. It is man-like to follow the people, to drift with the tide; it is God-like to follow a principle, to stem the tide.

It is natural to compromise conscience and follow the social and religious fashion for the sake of gain or pleasure; it is divine to sacrifice both on the altar of truth and duty…

Continue reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment