Hello and welcome!

Welcome! This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Here I share thoughts, Bible studies, recipes, music, photography, art, home decor, crafts, and more. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Good Shepherd

 


Illustration based on painting by Henry A. Harper

Jesus said,

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep...14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Sometimes we feel lonely, afraid, weary, and more.  Our Good Shepherd will supply our needs.  Here is a poem that I wrote about this in 2005. [It was written before I was married, but I updated the name on it. :-) ]

The Good Shepherd

A favorite poem by Isaac Watts:

My Shepherd Will Supply My Need

You can listen to the music to go with this poem here.  (I don’t know anything about these musicians except that they do a good job on this arrangement.)

Psalms 23:1-6
A Psalm of David.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment