Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Thoughts from the Past – A Heart Lifted Up

 

Here is a Bible study that I wrote some years ago before I was married.  I updated it recently.  This applies to many aspects of the Christian life.  It is especially applicable to the present consideration of the “Patriarchy Movement” and the sometimes arrogant or self-exalting attitudes we see in that.

A Heart Lifted Up

2Chronicles 26:3 Sixteen years old was Uzziah when he began to reign, and he reigned fifty and two years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Jecoliah of Jerusalem. 4 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Amaziah did.

Uzziah was a king of Judah, the son of Amaziah, and the grandson of Joash. Both Amaziah and Joash had followed the Lord up to a certain point, but both had fallen into error later in their reigns. Uzziah had, nevertheless, apparently been raised to be a Jehovah worshipper and followed what his dad had done right.

A sad commentary comes in verse 5 which warns us of the the tragedy to come.  2Chronicles 26:5 And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD, God made him to prosper.

Continue Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment