Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Leftover Oatmeal Cookies

I had quite a bit of leftover oatmeal recently, but I wasn’t that keen on making Cooked Oatmeal Cake.  The thought crossed my mind that there should be a recipe for making cookies from cooked oatmeal, so I looked it up online and sure enough there was!  It looked good, though, as usual with a few changes. ;-)  (I reduced the sugar already, in case you like to do that with cookie recipes.) 
Most of my family here enjoyed these quite well.  Ahem!  There was one dissenter who takes exception to raisins in his cookies, but that makes more for the rest of us, right?  My husband liked them at any rate, and after all, that’s what counts for me. ;-)

2 C. brown sugar
1 C. butter
3 eggs
2 C. cooked oatmeal
2 C. all purpose flour
2 C. white whole wheat (or regular whole wheat)
[Note: You can use 4 cups of all purpose flour.]
3 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. vanilla
3 C. chocolate chips
1 C. coconut
1 C. raisins
Cream sugar, butter, eggs and cooked oatmeal.  Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt; then the coconut, chocolate chips and raisins.  Scoop onto baking sheets by tablespoonsful about 1 – 1 1/2 inches apart and flatten slightly. Bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes or until cookies are set and starting to brown slightly.  Allow to cool on baking sheet about 5 minutes before removing to racks.
(I put mine on parchment, so I had no trouble with them sticking.  I don’t know if the baking sheets need to be greased.  The original recipe said nothing about it, but it was a little short on instructions.)
These cookies freeze well.

11 comments:

  1. I just fixed this recipe! So yummy! Thank you for sharing! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use this recipe on a monthly basis, it helps me to "use it up" and with 5 kiddos every oat counts. Blessings! Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear! Glad you're enjoying the recipe. :-)

      Delete
  3. I use leftover oatmeal in pancakes - just add a "glob" to the batter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good. Thanks for sharing the idea here. :-)

      Delete
  4. YUMMY, Thank you, I know what I will be baking Sunday after Church :-)
    Blessings,Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them. I need to make some again too. :-)

      Delete
  5. I am so Loving your blog :-) Do you have a Blog button that I can add on my Blog ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't. I need to make one, though. You are the first person that has asked as far as I can remember. Thank you. :-)

      Delete
  6. Ok. If you make one Id love to put it on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete