Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Modest Proposal – Rethinking Gift Giving for the New Year

 

Do you have a lot of stuff?  I don’t mean the things you use on a regular basis, or that are there to make your home look pretty.  I mean the stuff that is lurking in the garage, under the bed, in closets, perhaps in the attic or basement – the things that fall out on your head, keep you from finding the back of the closet, and make it impossible to park the car out of the weather.  I mean the things that you don’t use any more, that are not family heirlooms, and maybe you don’t even remember that you own!  That’s the stuff I mean…

A Modest Proposal

Go to my web page to read the rest of this article.  It got too long and I wanted to develop it too much to make it work well for the blog, so I moved it over there. :-)  I hope that it will interest you.  It should help us with our organizing efforts at the same time!  It’s always great to kill two birds with one stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment