Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thoughts from the Past – Praise for the Future

dwbirdfly1

November 14, 2007

Praise for the Future

Another year almost over! Where has it flown to? How amazing it is that a whole year can pass so quickly now! The older I get the faster they seem to go. I've heard older people talk about this in the past, but somehow as I get older myself it is becoming a reality to me more than before. The precious moments are flying away never to return. Things I would have done, could have done - things I should have relished and enjoyed more - they are over and past and it cannot be now. Mistakes cannot be retrieved either. It is all sealed in that unforgiving thing we call yesterday. Thank God that He does forgive sins, though! (1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.)

Thanks be unto God that this life is not an end in itself! We who are His children through faith in Christ Jesus have a good hope of the future! Imagine...a thousand years to live on this earth in a perfect, sinless body - and in the company of our Lord and our fellow saints. This is something to look forward to! Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday this year let us thank God for the blessings in store for us. The blessings of the past are great and surely we should thank Him for them, but we have much in the future to thank God for as well. We really are blessed and privileged to know so much about our future with Him!

2Thessalonians 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, 17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

-----------------------------

A poem to go with this post:

I Shall Dwell Forever

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes wonder if God is speeding time up in some way - He certainly has the power to do so if He desired it! Someone mentioned to me that the Bible says time will speed up in the end times, and I'm not sure where the verse is; I'd like to check into that sometime - maybe it truly is going by faster. I can hardly keep up with the days, weeks, months, sometimes!
    Do you remember the verse that talks about time going faster, sis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some people partially get that from the Matt. 24:22 and Mark 13:20 which refer to "those days" being shortened or no flesh would be saved. I think there are some other references used as well, but they slip my mind at the moment. Anyway, I have heard this idea before, and I can certainly see a point in it. Even kids seem to think time goes by fast now, which didn't used to be so. Also, I notice how much people seemed to be able to get done in a day in old books and it really makes me wonder sometimes. Our days seem so short! It may be perspective and partly the modern distractions, but I seriously wonder.

    As you say, God is certainly capable of doing this - and at the same time making it seem to man that things are slowing down. :-) After all, He created an entire universe with apparent age. If some scientist had examined Adam moments after he was created the scientist would have declared him to be so old and have lived so many years, when in fact he was brand new! :-) I gotta say I love that thought. ;-)

    ReplyDelete