Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Friday, April 27, 2012

The thousand word project: …the clouds are the dust of His feet

 

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning photo, Mary!
    Also, I love that verse - I love the imagery it creates in my mind... There are several ways to think of it, too, I think - clouds (no matter how fierce or beautiful they look) are the *dust* of His feet. That seems to me to speak of His great power, but also possibly of the beauty of heaven - if clouds are like dust, what will heaven look like??? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :-) That was taken when we lived in Arizona.

      I think those are good thoughts. Clouds are associate with God a lot in scripture. There are so many references in different contexts. I'm guessing that's why pictures of heaven often have a lot of clouds depicted. Also I suspect that this is one reason that the royalty and other important people in Europe back in the old days liked to have clouds in their portraits. There was a lot of effort made to exalt themselves and seem very close to God or generally important. (Been reading a book on the history of the Habsburgs.)

      Also, as amazingly beautiful as clouds are here sometimes, it's hard to even imagine how much more glorious they will be in heaven! I also like to wonder about the emerald rainbow around the throne (Rev. 4:3). And, if there's a rainbow there's probably clouds or mist around the throne too I would guess. :-)

      Delete