Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

God's Voice - A Poem by Martha Snell Nicholson





GOD'S VOICE

God calls to us from earthquake crash
And from the dewy dawn.
The voice of every breeze is His,
And when the day is done,

And sunset glories fade away,
And moon and stars ride high
In silver light, He mightily speaks
From out the spangled sky.

He speaks thus to my eyes and ears;
And yet my spirit longs
For words more intimate and dear
Than all the night sky's songs

I thank God that there is a Word
Delivered long ago;
A word most definite and sure
Which I may read and know

His saving grace, His keeping power,
His plan for me, His will,
His glory and His majesty . . .
My heart is hushed and still

With wonder and with thankfulness:
The Lord of earth and sky
Has leaned down from His heavenly throne
To speak to such as I!

Martha Snell Nicholson

Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1 Peter 1:25  But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Ephesians 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

4 comments:

  1. Good of you to share this poem today. Blessings to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were blessed. Thanks for commenting. :-)

      Delete
  2. Bravo. Such a wonderful poem of faith and humility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it. :-) Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.

      Delete