Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Better than My Best - by Annie Johnson Flint




Deuteronomy 33:27  The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms...

Better Than My Best

I prayed for strength, and then I lost awhile
All sense of nearness, human and divine;
The love I leaned on failed and pierced my heart,
The hands I clung to loosed themselves from mine;
But while I swayed, weak trembling, and alone,
The everlasting arms upheld my own.


I prayed for light; the sun went down in clouds,
The moon was darkened by a misty doubt...


Continue Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment