Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Hard Questions - Should We Power Through?



Photo by Mike Van Nattan

1 Peter 1:24-25 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I am weary of hearing that we should just "power through it" or "push through".

Got pain or chronic illness? Power through.
Going through hard times? Power through.
Grieving? Power through.
Financially destroyed? Power through.
Depressed? Power through.

What an utterly hopeless answer.

I wonder what people really think we are, or what they think they are themselves. God clearly says that ...all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. He also tells us our life is but ...a vapor that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. (James 4:14) 

But, what about "powering through"?

Continue Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment