Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Crown Jewel Patties




I think I found this recipe in a magazine years ago. Sadly, I never made them and now there are several ingredients that I can't eat any more due to intolerances. I still like the idea, though. :-)  I wonder if I could make them with mashed beets and some gluten free bread crumbs. Hmmmm.


Crown Jewel Patties

In a mixing bowl beat:
1 egg
Add and mix:
1/4 C. mayonnaise
1/2 C. finely chopped onion
2 Tbl. vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 C. mashed cooked carrots

Add and mix thoroughly:
3 C. soft bread crumbs

(If mixture is too wet to handle, add more bread crumbs or saltine cracker crumbs. If using cracker crumbs, let stand a couple minutes or so to allow it to soak in good.)
Shape into 2 1/2-3 inch patties and coat with:

2 C. crushed cornflakes

(Crush cornflakes in small "batches" as you need them for this, to avoid crushing too many.)

Bake on a greased baking sheet for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.

Yield: 5-6 servings.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like anice easy recipe. I do like veggie patties. Sometimes I can even disguise them as burgers so the boys will like them! :)

    ReplyDelete