Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Visiting the Michigan Woods In Spring


Trillium photo property of "Plants Amaze Me."

Michigan is my home state and it is the state my mother considered her home state in the U.S, although she was born in Tanzania, East Africa. Western Michigan, where we lived at various times, is a beautiful place. This blog offers some occasional walks in the woods there. Enjoy!

Aman Park in Ottawa County, Michigan - May 7 2019


Dowagiac Woods April 8 2019



4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed those posts by Plants Amaze Me. I'm a new follow of theirs now. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your link was so well worth looking aat. I have never seen anything like the Trilliums en masse, and so many other wild flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :-) Western Michigan is rich in wildflowers. That is one of my happy memories of the place. I don't recall seeing trillium in those numbers while I lived there, but I did something similar once in the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee. It is an impressive sight.

      Delete