Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Worth Repeating: From Mom's Collection - What If It Were Today?


This was first posted on the blog in November 2018, but I reread this last week and it seemed appropriate to repeat it now.

1 Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

---------



It has been quite some while since I posted anything from my mom's collection of old bits and pieces. Recently, in sorting through a box that contained, among other things, some resource materials for the web page and blog, I ran across some pages that had been taken from a ring binder. On these pages my mom had glued many poems and some short thoughts - mostly of spiritual encouragement. I didn't even remember that I had them! It was a lovely little surprise. :-)  Previously I was posting these items mostly here on the blog, but I have decided to put them at the web site now instead.

Having had some unexpected challenges this weekend, I am sharing just a short thought. It seemed useful, and I hope you find it so as well.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

------------------------

What If It Were Today?


A traveler chanced upon a beautiful villa situated on the shores of a beautiful lake in Switzerland far from the beaten track of tourists. The traveler knocked at the garden gate and an aged gardener undid its heavy fastenings and bade him enter. The aged man seemed glad to see him and showed him around the wonderful garden.

"How long have you been here?" the traveler asked.

"Twenty-four years."

"And how often has your master been here meanwhile?"

Please Continue Reading

at my web site.

----------------------
Painting: Celia Thaxter's Garden by Frederick Childe Hassam.

No comments:

Post a Comment