Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Kitchen Tip - Transporting or Storing A Pie with A Creamy Topping

If you don't have a pie carrying container, it can sometimes be difficult to store or transport a pie with a creamy top. If you just cover the pie with plastic film or aluminum foil it may stick to the topping and pull it off when it's removed. 

Some years back I tried this solution and it worked quite well for me in this instance: I wadded up some plastic film and place it gently on the top of the pie. Then I covered the all of this somewhat lightly with more plastic film, pressing it around the edges so that it would stay on. As you can see from the following photos, it worked reasonably well. The pie kept quite nicely and the topping was not pulled off  or ruined when the plastic film was removed.







2 comments:

  1. Great tip! It looks delicious! Would you be willing to share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Yvette. I apologize for not answering your comment sooner. I am not sure if I used a recipe for this pie. It looks like one of my improvisations. :-) I made some years back, so I can't remember any more.

      Delete