Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

I Could not Do without Thee - by Frances Ridley Havergal




I Could Not Do Without Thee


I could not do without Thee,
O Saviour of the lost,
Whose precious blood redeemed me
At such tremendous cost:
Thy righteousness, Thy pardon,
Thy sacrifice, must be
My only hope and comfort,
My glory and my plea.

I could not do without Thee,
I cannot stand alone,
I have no strength or goodness,
No wisdom of my own:
But Thou, beloved Saviour,
Art all in all to me;
And weakness will be power,
If leaning hard on Thee.

I could not do without Thee,
Oh Jesus, Saviour dear,
E'en when mine eyes are holden,
I know that Thou art near:
How dreary and how lonely,
This changeful life would be,
Without this sweet communion,
This secret rest with Thee.

I could not do without Thee,
For years are fleeting fast,
And soon in solemn loneness,
The river must be past:
But Thou wilt never leave me;
And though the waves run high,
I know Thou wilt be near me,
And whisper, "It is I."

By Frances R. Havergal

Psalm 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

John 6:19-20 So when they had rowed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they see Jesus walking on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the ship: and they were afraid. But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid. 



I have not control over ads or suggestions.

1 comment: