Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Does It Matter Which Bible Translation You Prefer?


Psalm 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. 

John 6:67-68 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 

Brandon Staggs, the man speaking in this video, was a friend of my brothers' years ago. He also went to high school with my husband, although they didn't know each other very well, being in different grades. It is very curious how the Lord makes connections sometimes.

I used an NASB briefly before I came to understand the issues surrounding the textual controversy - thanks to my dad's teaching. I was about 15, I think, when I made the switch permanently. I have never regretted it, and as Brandon shows a few of the significant changes that have been made in modern versions of the Bible, know that what he says is true - there are many, many more. I hope to start addressing some of these soon on The Home Makers Corner, Lord willing.


I have no control over ads or suggestions.

Brother Brandon is the creator of the Bible program Sword Searcher. I have used it for my writing needs for years now, and I use it for Facetime Bible study when I can. I recommend it if you are looking for a Bible program to have on your own computer, rather than using online Bible programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment