High Road or Low Road
Whatever path Thou
takest me-
It matters not which road it be,
If it but lead me home to Thee.
O joy, O bliss beyond
compare
If Thou shouldst call me from the air,
To rise at last and meet Thee there!
Yet in my longing
heart I know
If through the valley I must go,
I would not laggard be, nor slow;
For Thou wouldst
closely hold my hand
And lead me through that shadow-land
To heaven's bright and blessed strand.
It matters not. That
road is best
Which leads me soonest to Thy breast
Whereon this weary soul may rest.
Martha Snell Nicholson
Philippians 1:20-21 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

No comments:
Post a Comment