Acts 20:29-32 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
1 Peter 5:8-9a Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith...
Due to the recent events involving the pastor and popular IFB youth conference speaker, Kenny Baldwin, I thought this particular article was worth repeating. This article relates to an extensive expose that was done by the Star-Telegram of Fort Worth, Texas in 2018. That expose is more pertinent than ever at this point. My own thoughts are on the subject of what you can do, and what are the proper responses to these situations.
Excerpt:
We have been lectured, warned, rebuked, and admonished about gossip for so long that it is intimidating to cross that boundary and actually speak up. I know. I also believe that this has been done on purpose by some men in order to squelch any accountability and to avoid having to address unpleasant situations. The church (not just IFB) has made it hard to do the right thing in these cases with its strong and uncompromising definitions of "gossip." But, when someone is behaving in a suspicious or even obviously ungodly manner in this area, it is necessary to speak up.

No comments:
Post a Comment