Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trail Mix Day

August 31st is National Trail Mix Day.  This is a good opportunity to share my trail mix recipe, which I learned from my mom.


Trail Mix

Use the quantities that you like, but the “base” is the nuts.
Peanuts
Mixed nuts
Coconut flakes (large)
Dried cranberries
Raisins
Banana chips
M&Ms®


Mix in a large bowl. Store in an air tight container.
This trail mix is a nice combination of protein, fruit and carbohydrates.  It makes a great take along snack for trips or to carry on a long shopping day.  It is also quite filling.  You could add some pretzel bits or small cookies as well if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment