Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Monday, February 7, 2011

New Uses for Everyday Items


A teapot I used as a vase.

New Uses for Serving Pieces – Appropriate those little used serving pieces for other jobs.

101 Uses for Everyday Things – A number of these items are technically “kitchen” items.  Some of the uses I question, but some are really useful.

50 All-Time Favorite New Uses for Old Items – Some non-kitchen things again, but a lot of interesting ideas.  (Note: I don’t think the stores would appreciate people collecting paint chips [or cards] for the purpose of making place cards.  I’m just saying…)

New Uses for Things In the Dining Room – There’s a little repetition here, but some good ideas too.  As regarding using a quilt as a table cloth, I suggest covering it with a piece of clear heavy vinyl cut the size of a table cloth.  You should be able to find this by the yard at a fabric store or Wal-mart.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary (I am Clara's cousin) and just found your link on her blog. What an excellent idea to use a teapot as a vase - I must have a look at those links to find other ideas.

    Are those your roses - I LOVE roses but struggle to grow them, not sure if it is the soil or the huge gum tree I have in the garden - while my neighbour has a beautiful selection (so I visit her and admire hers!!).

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jo. I got the teapot vase idea from a friend who had received an artificial flower arrangement in a teapot. It worked well for fresh flowers also.

    I LOVE roses too. :-) The ones pictured are actually florist roses, but I have grown my own. We had lovely ones in Arizona, and some varieties grew well in Tennessee (if they were where the deer didn't eat them). Here in Texas I think it will be somewhat of a challenge because the soil is so alkaline, but apparently it can be done with amending to add more acid. I have a couple rose bushes started and my mom has two that are doing quite well. I would suspect the gum tree in your situation, but if it's the soil you might be able to correct it.

    Thanks for commenting here! :-)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete