Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Random Meal – A lunch

Just for fun I thought I’d try to post an occasional meal “menu”. :o)

My lunch – Fried egg cooked with leftover chicken noodle stew (it was too thick to be soup ;-) ) made with whole grain pasta; baby carrots, and a slice of mozzarella with homemade orange marmalade on it.

My husband’s lunch – Cheese and home grown lettuce on whole grain bread, peanuts and raisins (or maybe it was dried cranberries), and a homemade granola bar.

What's for lunch at your house?

2 comments:

  1. We usually have fresh fruit, 1 oz or so of cheese per person, almonds or other nut, ham or turkey, and a side salad. Sometimes the kids have yogurt instead of meat and sometimes they have peanut butter and jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good. :-)

    I like flavoring my own yogurt so that I can use a better brand - at this point Dannon Plain All Natural, which is basically just milk and culture. It's really yummy with frozen blueberries in it because they thaw and mix in so nicely. :-)

    ReplyDelete