Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Random Meal

Tonight my husband and I had:

Chicken breast with garlic, onion and sage seasoning.

A few pieces each of homegrown okra – cooked with the chicken.

A few black olives that needed to be finished off – also cooked with the chicken.

Tortillas, warm with butter.  (Tortillas were bought raw and home cooked, which is still way better than pre-cooked.)

Sugar baby watermelon – also homegrown.

It was a bit of an unusual combination, but I was busy baking, which overlapped the dinner preparation time somewhat.  I really needed to get the tortillas cooked and used up, as well as the okra.  The watermelon also needed to be finished off.  So, it was a little of this and a little of that. :-)  But, it was turned out well.  Warm, freshly cooked tortillas and butter are really good together too, by the way.

What was for dinner/supper at your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment