Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Kitchen Happenings – Garden Wagon

 

Last autumn my husband bought me this neat garden wagon.  It is supposed to be capable of carrying a significant amount of weight and it has a “dump truck” feature so that you can lift the box and empty it easily.  I’ve used it some this spring and it’s a very handy tool for hauling debris and other stuff around the yard/garden (ours happens to be rather large).

However, as you can see from the picture, the first use this little green wagon got was in the kitchen.  It was brand new at the time and still clean.  I had made a batch of green tomato enchilada sauce and the jars needed to have a hot water bath to finish the process.  I can’t do this on my stovetop as it won’t take the weight, so I needed to transport them over to my mom’s house for processing.  The wagon came in very handy for this! :-)  In fact, it’s quite possible that I’ll clean it up and use it again when our heavy canning season starts here.  What a great dual purpose wagon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks really handy!! I could use one of them!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete