Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sew Happy Saturday – Bobbin Adjustment

 

This piece of information is so important that I’m going to limit this post to just this one link.  If you have a vertical bobbin (as opposed to the drop-in horizontal variety) this information is very important!

A Tensioning Trick You May Not Know

On the same subject – I recently was having a lot of trouble getting the bobbin adjustment right on my sewing machine.  No matter what I did it wouldn’t sew properly.  I cleaned the area thoroughly as well as adjusting the bobbin itself.  Eventually I decided to remove the feed dog plate.  I was a little surprised at how much lint had collected under there.  After cleaning it out with a plastic pointed tool (that came with my machine) and oiling the parts that seemed to be appropriate for that (consult your manual), it worked fine again!

No comments:

Post a Comment