Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sew Happy Saturday – Bobbin Adjustment

 

This piece of information is so important that I’m going to limit this post to just this one link.  If you have a vertical bobbin (as opposed to the drop-in horizontal variety) this information is very important!

A Tensioning Trick You May Not Know

On the same subject – I recently was having a lot of trouble getting the bobbin adjustment right on my sewing machine.  No matter what I did it wouldn’t sew properly.  I cleaned the area thoroughly as well as adjusting the bobbin itself.  Eventually I decided to remove the feed dog plate.  I was a little surprised at how much lint had collected under there.  After cleaning it out with a plastic pointed tool (that came with my machine) and oiling the parts that seemed to be appropriate for that (consult your manual), it worked fine again!

No comments:

Post a Comment