Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Spectacular, Simple Layered Salad

 

Here is a super easy layered salad that makes a very pretty presentation.

Bottom layer – lettuce leaves
Second layer – yellow tomato wedges
Third and fourth layers – red tomato wedges
Fifth layer – yellow tomato wedges
Sixth layer – sliced banana peppers
Top layer – carrot slivers (or grated carrot)
Sprinkle over all – feta cheese crumbles (or shredded Monterey Jack), fresh oregano leaves and snipped chives.
Serve with an Italian dressing.

For a smaller salad just reduce the number of tomato layers and use a smaller plate.

1 comment: