Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Brain Troubles – A Couple of Fun Poems

Mommy Brain

If you've left the crayons to melt in the car,
And forgotten just where the car keys are,
There's a perfectly good way to explain:
You see, you've come down with "Mommy Brain."
When you're not sure where the past 8 hours went,
Or whether the phone bill check's been sent,
If you've left the laundry drying in the rain,
It's just--you guessed it--Mommy Brain.
If you find yourself chatting for hours on end
About diaper prices with your cyber friends,
You've just caught a particularly virulent strain
Of that affliction known as Mommy Brain.

Copyright 1998
Carlotta Eike Stankiewicz
used by permission

A Little Mixed Up

"Just a line to say I'm livin' - that I'm not among the dead.
Tho' I'm getting more forgetful, and more mixed up in the head.

"For sometimes I can't remember when I stand at the foot of the stair,
If I must go up for something, or if I just came down from there.

"And before the 'frig', so often, my mind is filled with doubt -
Have I just put food away, or have I come to take some out?

"There are times when it's dark out - with my night cap on my head,
I don't know if I'm retiring, or just getting out of bed.

"So, if it's my turn to write you, there's no need for getting sore,
I may think that I have written and don't want to be a bore.

"Just....remember, I do love you, and wish that you were here--
And now it's nearly mail time, so I must say, 'Good-bye,' dear."

There I stood beside the mail box, with a face so very red;
Instead of mailing you my letter, I had opened it instead.

Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment