Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Brain Troubles – A Couple of Fun Poems

Mommy Brain

If you've left the crayons to melt in the car,
And forgotten just where the car keys are,
There's a perfectly good way to explain:
You see, you've come down with "Mommy Brain."
When you're not sure where the past 8 hours went,
Or whether the phone bill check's been sent,
If you've left the laundry drying in the rain,
It's just--you guessed it--Mommy Brain.
If you find yourself chatting for hours on end
About diaper prices with your cyber friends,
You've just caught a particularly virulent strain
Of that affliction known as Mommy Brain.

Copyright 1998
Carlotta Eike Stankiewicz
used by permission

A Little Mixed Up

"Just a line to say I'm livin' - that I'm not among the dead.
Tho' I'm getting more forgetful, and more mixed up in the head.

"For sometimes I can't remember when I stand at the foot of the stair,
If I must go up for something, or if I just came down from there.

"And before the 'frig', so often, my mind is filled with doubt -
Have I just put food away, or have I come to take some out?

"There are times when it's dark out - with my night cap on my head,
I don't know if I'm retiring, or just getting out of bed.

"So, if it's my turn to write you, there's no need for getting sore,
I may think that I have written and don't want to be a bore.

"Just....remember, I do love you, and wish that you were here--
And now it's nearly mail time, so I must say, 'Good-bye,' dear."

There I stood beside the mail box, with a face so very red;
Instead of mailing you my letter, I had opened it instead.

Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment