Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Random Winter Evening

 

Verse for Today:

Psalms 118:24  This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

This Evening I like the…
Smell of…a wood fire.
Sound of…the dog snoring in front of the crackling fire.  My husband typing.  (He’s working late tonight, but thank the Lord he can work from home!)
Taste of…chocolate.
Sight of…electric lights.  These early evenings of winter make me thankful for electricity.
Feel of…warm extra layers of clothing.

Good Things about Today:

The sun shone – almost ALL DAY LONG!  PRAISE THE LORD!

Things Already Accomplished Today:

Not much. A load of laundry.  Cleaned up the kitchen some.  Dinner.

This morning I thought I really needed a day to “play”.  I’ve had so many things hanging over me since I fell behind while we were sick.  I’d gotten some pressing things done and felt like some things weren’t that important today after all and I needed a break.  So, I got a slow start, read, played a couple simple games on my cell phone, and played “in and out” games with the cats.  (I’m a semi-automatic door opener apparently, and had both our cat my brother’s playing with me this morning.)  Then my sister-in-law came and we played with fabric and made plans for a project.  Eventually she went to get some stuff  from her house and brought my mom back with her.  We discussed projects, looked at fabric and talked, and talked, and talked.  A good time was had by all. :-)

Things that Need to Be Done – Hopefully Today:

A blog post.  Ahem!

Random Photo from My World:

Not a recent photo, but our cat has been doing quite a bit of this lately due to cold weather. :-)  She likes this afghan pretty well.  (Btw, that afghan is not as bright as it looks in the picture.)

Quote for Today:

Mrs. Liscombe sang for us.  I could not make out what it was she sang, being unfamiliar with the music and unable to understand the words.  She possessed a voice of some beauty, but was evidently determined to be classed among the sopranos who are able to soar highest, and when she took certain notes I experienced a peculiar and most disagreeable sensation in the back of my neck.

“I wonder if we couldn’t bring in a stepladder for her,” murmured the Skeptic in my ear.  “It give me a pang to see a woman, alone and unassisted, attempt to reach something several feet above her head!”

Grace S. Richmond, A Court of Inquiry

2 comments:

  1. Hi There! I did get your note on my blog, just havnt had much time to stop & say hello or do anything else on here except post. I have a bad habit of getting on, posting & leaving. :P Im trying to get back into commenting & saying hello to a few I have come to know a bit. Your blog is one that I enjoy, so here I am! Hello!

    Hope you are well & I love that kitty cat :) Typical of a queen of course!

    blessings to you & yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I understand. :-) Sometimes commenting is time consuming.
      Things are fairly well here right now over all.

      Our cat isn't really a queen. She thinks she is maybe, but my husband has actually trained her pretty well and she isn't as spoiled or privileged as some cats. hehe :-) She likes us pretty well anyway, especially my husband.

      Delete