Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Friday, October 30, 2015

Sew Happy Friday – Placemats Made with 2½” Strips - Jelly Rolls

 

Photo property of sew4home.com.

Sometimes it isn’t easy to decide what to do with pre-cuts.  Jelly rolls, or 2½” strips, are especially challenging, in my opinion, because the size and shape limits the possibilities.  If you don’t want to make a whole quilt with strips, what to do?  Little projects are a good alternative, and these placemats are a very nice idea.  These would make a refreshing change for you décor or a nice gift. 

Here is the tutorial at sew4home:

Jelly Roll Strip Placemats

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift these would make - especially if they came with a runner and coasters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you make some be sure to post them on your blog, please. :-)

      Delete
  2. These would be so pretty! I wish I had time to sew. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe that's something to look forward to in another season of your life. :-) Not that I mean you look forward to being done with the present work before with your children, but only that each season has it's blessings and maybe that's one yet to come. :-)

      Delete