Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Sew Happy Friday–Attic Windows Made Easy (using a panel)

 

Here is a tutorial from Jenny Doan of the Missiouri Star Quilt Co. showing us how to make an attic windows quilt with a panel.  This method makes it easier than the traditional method.  It should be noted that it isn’t necessary to use a panel.  You could use any feature fabric you wanted.  You could fussy cut fabrics from a theme, or just about anything you want.  A pretty hand dyed fabric in sunset colors would make it look like a sunset outside the “window”. :-)

If you do use a panel, please check to see where any faces might fall in the quilt.  I saw one of these where the face of a deer was all cut into sections and it looked rather odd.  If the faces are going to be segmented, you may want to find a different panel, or adjust your block size to accommodate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment