Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Monthly Challenge - September 2016




August was a challenging month for me.  I had some medical tests done that were not pleasant (are they ever?) and I started September with a cold.  At first, I didn't feel like I needed a challenge this month, but I decided that if we did something easy and enjoyable maybe it would work.

So, here it is.

-----------------------

Get outside and enjoy the sunshine.

And/Or

Have tea, coffee, or hot chocolate with a friend or family member.

-----------------------

That should be pretty easy, shouldn't it? :-)

Sunshine is so good for our overall health.  Autumn is here, or coming, in the northern hemisphere, so we need to soak up some extra sunshine and out-of-doors time before the shorter, colder, darker days arrive.  In the southern hemisphere spring is arriving and that's always a good reason to get outside!  If you live somewhere in between where there isn't much swing in seasons it's just good to get outside in the sunshine, so... :-)

Having tea, coffee, or hot chocolate with someone is also easy and a good pick-me-up.  It's always nice to pause over a warm drink and a little friendly (and hopefully edifying) chat.

Well, I hope you enjoy this challenge! :-)

Ecclesiastes 11:7  Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun:

No comments:

Post a Comment