Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pizza



This is a favorite recipe of my family.  We have made them for years.  I don't remember now where the recipe originated.

----------------------

Peanut Butter Pizza


1/2 C. butter
1/2 C. peanut butter
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1/4 C. sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C. all purpose flour
3/4 C. whole wheat
2 C. miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 C. chocolate chips


Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and mix well. Pat into a 15x10x1 inch backing sheet. Bake at 375F for 12 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow to rest a couple minutes then spread the chocolate around with a knife. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to the oven for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.

Remove from oven, cool to room temperature on a wire rack, then cut into bars.

------------------------------------------


These bars also freeze well. It’s probably best to refrigerate first, then layer the bars in a sealable container with wax paper between the layers to prevent sticking. I like to box them up in portions that I know will be useful at some future time: 4, 6 or 8 pieces to a box. This is handy for pulling out when we’re having a family time, or a few guests. Also, it keeps us from eating up the whole pan in just a few days – think “too many sugar calories”. :-) Plus, it makes my work go farther and saves time and energy at a later date.

[Originally posted here 6/2010.]

4 comments:

  1. I think I have this recipe, but I've never gotten around to making it yet... Maybe I will soon. I know Dan would love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, this looks and sounds wonderful, my friend! I need to make something for our Christmas program at church in two weeks...maybe I should make this {{smiles}}

    Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember these not being popular anywhere we took them. :-) They are so good!
      You're welcome! :-) ((hugs))

      Delete