Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, May 7, 2017

His Mother's Sorrow


Kola Ndoto Hospital, Tanzania in the 1940s.

A true story from my dad about his mother's miscarriage in Africa.

---------------------
Romans 12:15  Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Writing Challenge #5 recently went up on my blog. I was blessed and honored to have my own dad decide to take on the challenge and write something. He posted it in the comments there, but I felt like it was important that this get shared in a place where it wouldn't be so easily missed.

As some of you may remember, I have had a burden this year for some young mothers who had their children go straight to heaven from their wombs through miscarriage. As Mother's Day approached this year I've been wondering what I should post. I'm often burdened at this holiday for the women who are outside of the "happy mother" category. When I read this true story from the life of my grandparents by my dad, I felt that the Lord had given me something that needed to be passed on.

CONTINUE READING.

----------------------
NOTE: A couple different people have told me that they tried to leave a comment on this blog post, but I never received it for moderation. If you left a comment and it was never posted, I probably didn't get it. If you have something you especially want me to know, please send email.

No comments:

Post a Comment