Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, July 2, 2017

In Time of Need - A Poem by Annie Johnson Flint




In Time of Need

Not by my need alone I ask this token
That Thou, O Lord, dost hear and heed my cry;
But by Thy promise that cannot be broken,
That all my need in Christ Thou wilt supply;
Not by my love for Thee, so oft disproved,
Not by my gifts to Thee, so poor and small,
But by Thy love that gave Thy best-beloved,
And with that one great Gift included all.

Not by my faith I plead, for that can falter,
Aye, and has faltered in the days gone by;
But by Thy faithfulness that cannot alter,
And by Thine ordered covenants on high,
Set safe and sure above Time's brief duration,
Beyond all change, eternally the same;
By these I dare my fervent supplication,
By Thy great mercies and Thy holy name.

Annie Johnson Flint

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:20-21  Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

----------------

We are going on vacation this week. Traveling is always a challenge for me, and with all my various health issues it feels like I have an unacceptable number of needs just to get through life in relative comfort. Thankfully, God's ability to provide and see me through is not limited - not by the number of needs, not by my lack of faith, not by the things that could happen, not by my unhappiness in dealing with the hard things. Not by anything, actually.

It is His faithfulness and love, His sure mercies and covenants, His unchanging wisdom that are my hope in all these things. Even when I forget it for a little while.

Is He your hope in the many needs of life?

2 comments:

  1. Dear friend, you have no idea how much I needed this poem tonight! I just sent it on to another dear friend who is in a very hard trial, too. I trust the Lord will heal you and give you a peaceful, pain-free vacation and safe travels. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, I'm so glad that this was a blessing to you! I hope that it was to your friend also.
      We had a good, though quiet, vacation. It was not completely pain-free, but it was peaceful and we had safe travels, thank the Lord! :-) I am still "recovering" from the trip. I hope to write more about it on the blog later. Hope you're having a better week.

      Delete