Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Thousand Word Project - Pink Wood Sorrel


Wood sorrel or Oxalis

The winds of heaven gathered there as pure and cold as dew;
Wood-sorrel and wild violets along the hedgerows grew,
The blossom on the pear-trees was as white as flakes of foam
In the orchard 'neath the shadow of those distant hills of home.

From "The Hills of Home" by Malcolm Humphrey

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I found you though my friend Melanies blog. I LOVE poetry :-) can not wait to read more in here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Welcome, and thanks for stopping by and commenting. :-) Melanie and I have known each other through blogging for so long I don't even remember when we "met."

      I love poetry too. If you click on the labels "poetry" and "poems" at the bottom of the post you will find more of what I've posted here. Also, check out the poetry page at my web site. It has a lot more! :-) http://www.homemakerscorner.com/poetry.htm

      Delete