Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Some Autumn Thoughts




Sorrow and scarlet leaf,
Sad thoughts and sunny weather.
Ah me, this glory and this grief
Agree not well together!
-   Thomas Parsons, 1880, A Song For September

I was not able to determined if this is the entire poem or an excerpt.

Autumn is always a time of both relief and sorrow, of cooling days but shorter days. There is a jubilation in the vivid colors and lovely weather, but a sadness that comes with the death of anything we hold in value and the approach of increasing darkness. I think God made autumn beautiful to remind us that even death and endings can come with glory and beauty.

Psalm 30:11-12 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment