Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Mary's Fake Caramel Dip

I invented some dip tonight after looking online for a recipe for caramel dip for apples and realizing that I didn't have time or the ingredients to make "the real thing".  It turned out really well, if I do say so myself.  My husband, Peter, and I had eaten a fairly large dinner in the middle of the afternoon so we weren't very hungry tonight.  I thought a nice plate of apple and cheese slices, some crackers and pretzels and some caramel dip would be just about right.  It was.

Here's the recipe for the dip.

Quick "Caramel" Fruit Dip

2/3 C. sour cream
2 Tbs. packed brown sugar
Slightly more than 1/2 tsp. of vanilla
1/2 tsp. of lemon juice

Mix all ingredients till brown sugar is dissolved.  Add more sweetening (artificial, sugar, stevia, etc.) if it isn't sweet enough for you.

Makes 2-3 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment