Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Things that happen in my kitchen – A Birthday Feast Remembered

Two years ago our family and some local friends had the privilege of providing a birthday party for our mutual friend, Jim S., who was away from his family at the time doing Army training here in Texas. We really enjoyed doing this for him at a time when he was missing his family sorely (he was just home from Iraq!).

Here I see some green salad on the left with dressing, potato salad and some juicy looking steaks. :-) I had help preparing this food, by the way! My brother, Mike, grilled the yummy steaks, and the potato salad looks like Mom's work maybe. That’s my beloved Mom and me in the background working in the kitchen. (Please note my colorful cotton apron. :-) )

Here is Jim with his ice cream birthday cake. We consulted his wife as to the best kind of cake for him and she suggested this. We got it at Coldstone, which is now closed here, so it was a once only occasion!

Here is my husband, Peter, cutting the cake for us with a little help from Mom! It was quite a job.

What a great evening to remember! :-) Good food, good friends and good fellowship is a great combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment