Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Some Links of Interest

Just a few interesting or odd cooking links.  Enjoy! :-)

(Note: Use caution in reading other pages on these sites.  I have not read all of them, and in some cases I know that other pages are not worth looking at.)

Homemade Sausage from a homesick Texan. Making your own sausage is not as difficult as you might think.  Also, it doesn’t have MSG, which is sometimes hard to avoid in the store bought kinds!  (If you don’t have the red pepper and cayenne, try adding a few shakes of Tabasco or a similar hot sauce.)  If you don’t eat pork, try making this from ground turkey or chicken.  I don’t think you’ll be disappointed! :-)

Medieval Vegetables – This may seem a bit strange.  I have no interest in reenactments, but I do find the historical value of this page interesting.  Eating history could be a great way to learn, both for adults and kids!

Three Possum Recipes – I have never eaten possum myself, but I’ve eaten raccoon.  I would not eat it again unless I was starving.  But, you never know.  These recipes might come in handy sometime.  I don’t recommend the last recipe at all, unless you have house guests that forgot how to go home. (Ahem.)  No, not really. ;-)

How to Cook Snapping Turtle – Here is a recipe for cooking a snapping turtle.  If you are brave enough to try to catch one, the instructions on cleaning and cooking it are here.  I have eaten turtle before.  It was pretty good for wild meat – a whole lot better than raccoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment