Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Breakfast Rambling that grew: Royal Wedding – A Shabby Affair?

2Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

This started out to be a Breakfast Rambling in a way since this verse that got me started was from my morning Bible reading.  However, as I wrote it turned out to be so long, I had to move it to the web site where it seems more appropriate. :-)  This item will probably stir the waters a bit, so try to go into it without wearing your feelings on your sleeve. ;-)

Here’s the start of it:

“It is wonderful the way God uses His word to direct our thoughts.  After the big hoopla over the Royal Wedding on April 29th I was quite disturbed about how some Christians responded to it.  It made me sad, and frustrated in a way.  I couldn’t understand entirely why they were so eager to participate in the media feeding frenzy, and even to go so far as to grant some approval to the wedding.

First of all, let me say that my grandmothers were both ‘royal watchers’.  My mother was for a while as well, but she laid it aside years ago.  At one time I was a Diana worshipper.  Yes, you read that right.  It was idolatry.  I admit it and call it what it was…”

Continue reading:  Royal Wedding – A Shabby Affair?

5 comments:

  1. I read your article and I thank God that He gave you the insight and courage to write it and post it on here. The Lord bless you for doing what is right.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Mary. I came across your blog today while combing through articles about the Royal Wedding. I really appreciate that your ministry targets godly women, to let them know that being a wife is a high calling from God; that the wife actually has a ministry of her very own. She is a servant of the Lord, not a slave to her husband, as the world would have us believe.

    You may want to take a look at my blog post concerning the Royal Wedding, as the wedding had a rather antichrist bouquet to it, to say the least. My blog can be found at www.thestillman.com/stillmanfiles/royal-wedding.

    God bless you. I am bookmarking your site. I love it already. May God bless your ministry.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, again Mary. I noticed that you added the link to my article (thank you and thanks to Peter too) and I have also added a link to your article. I borrowed your disclaimer idea but I changed the wording just a little on my page so it is not blatant plagiarizing. Hats off to you and Peter for putting together a really nice site. There's more here than I thought!

    I need a plugin to get my site to give commenters the chance to comment as anonymous, so I'm working on that. 've only been blogging since February, so there's a lot yet for me to learn.

    By the way, like you, I believe that the King James Bible is God's inerrant word pursuant to Matthew 24:35. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.
    Don't be too impressed with the size of The Home Maker's Corner. I've been working on it since around 1996-1997. Some areas need some serious updating or finishing. Originally it was a part of my dad's journal (www.blessedquietness.com) but when Peter and I married in 2008 he got me my own URL and took responsibility for the email as well teaching me some new tricks as far as the actual building of it goes. And, of course, this blog was his idea.

    My family has believed the inerrancy of the KJV since sometime in the '80s and Peter took this position sometime in 2000 or so. I'm thankful we were "on the same page" about that before we even met.

    Thanks for the link. Glad disclaimer idea was helpful to you.

    ReplyDelete