Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Thoughts from the Past – Not Going Alone

 

As you will see, I wrote this before we moved to Texas. :-)

Jan. 17, 2008

Not Going Alone

Psalm 139:3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. ...5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

Once again we have been packing to move. A majority of our possessions are already somewhere in central Texas, thanks to my brother and sister-in-law's kind help. We are making do with what's left here and hoping that the actual move will be in the not too distant future.

This poem by Annie Johnson Flint came to mind recently.

"For Thou Art With Me"

I know not when I go, nor where,
From this familiar scene;
But Christ is here and He is there
And all the way between;

And, when I pass from all I know
To that dim, vast unknown,
Though late I stay, or soon I go,
I shall not go alone.
[altered]

It is a great comfort for the believer to know that our Lord is before us, with us and behind us. We are assured of His presence all the way, regardless of where the journey takes us. He is already there, and He will accompany us all the way.

In facing the new and the big changes in life we need to lay hold on this hope. It has great comfort and peace in it.

Deuteronomy 31:8 And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment