Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Freezing Fresh Garlic

 

Of late, I have not been going through my fresh garlic fast enough.  I’ve had some trouble with it molding or spoiling in the jar where I keep it.  On the last batch I decided to do something I saw online somewhere.  I chopped it up quite small, put it in small canning jars and put it in the freezer.  

I only cooked with it, so I don’t know if it would work well for “fresh” use.  For my purposes the results were quite satisfactory.  I intend to do it again, as time permits.

Advantages:

1)  It was easy to guesstimate how much I needed. 
2)  I was able to remove part of the garlic without using the whole lot. 
3)  It saved time when I was actually cooking since I didn’t have to stop to chop the garlic.
4)  It tasted better than dried garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment