Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Lovely Little Dress Quilt

 

I think this is one of the prettiest quilts I’ve seen.  It was displayed at the spring quilt show in Georgetown, Texas in 2012.  My husband took me for my birthday. :-)

The little girl dresses were so dainty and sweet.

Some were open at the bottom and showed a lace petticoat.

The embroidery was beautiful, but it must have taken a lot of time to make this quilt from start to finish.  Many of them are also smocked.  It’s certainly not the size project that I’d care to take on, but it was lovely to look at.

These patterns are sold by the each and are a little pricey – not surprising considering all the work that went into developing them.  However, if you are interested – even to just make one or two blocks for framing – you can find them here:  Kreations by Karon.  There are numerous other dresses besides the ones shown here, and a few boy outfits too.  For extra charge they can be purchased with the material to make the design. (I not sure if the laces and embroidery threads are included.)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! What a lot of tedious work must have gone into this work of art! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete