Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Thousand Word Project – Summer’s Bounty: Corn

 

Psalms 65:11-13  Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.  They drop upon the pastures of the wilderness: and the little hills rejoice on every side.  The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing.

 

(Non-GMO Inca corn my dad has grown for two years now.)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE corn on the cob! And homegrown corn is SO delicious! Lovely photos, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This corn is not as sweet and sweet corn, but we still like it. It also makes good corn meal when it's dried and ground. :-) We don't use a great deal of corn meal, so last year's was enough for all three couples.

      Delete
  2. Mmmm... fresh corn on the cob! Today my son and I put up over 100 cobs of corn. My little one did such a great job of shucking the corn while I blanched it and took it off the cob to freeze :) He also did a good job of snacking on it {{smiles}}

    Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have good memories of canning and freezing season. Yes, there are lot of hot, tired memories too, but there was always something very satisfying in helping my mom put up food for our family for the coming months. :-) And, I love fresh, raw corn! :-)

      You're welcome.

      Delete