Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Worth Repeating - Mom's Collection - My Wish




This post was originally posted here on Jan. 3, 2016. As I was searching for something to post once again for the first Sunday of the year it seemed fitting to use this one as it came from my mom's collection and she has been on my mind so much lately. This poem is also especially appropriate for this new year in particular since we all need these things so much as we face an uncertain future. I hope it blesses you (perhaps again), as it did me. 
------------------------------

As I was thinking and asking the Lord what to post for the first Sunday of the year, the thought came to look at some of the pieces from Mom’s collection.  This poem was right on top and it is so lovely and grand I knew it was the right one!  May God grant you these things, dear ones in Christ, as we go into this new year.

My Wish

I wish thee Joy!
…much joy around this season;
Not “joys” but Joy, – joy deep and strong and true;
Joy, – inward joy, since surely heart hath reason
To taste much joy where He hath made things new.

I wish thee peace!
…the peace of sins all taken,
All washed away through Christ’s atoning blood;
The peace that rests, untroubled and unshaken,
Since God’s redeeming grace is understood.

I wish thee gladness!
…gladness deep abiding,
Which comes when eyes of faith behold the Lord;
The gladness of a prayerful heart – confiding,
And daily dwelling on God’s precious Word.

I wish thee well!
…in all life’s undertakings!
”God bless thee much!” – this is my heart’s request;
E’en now my heart this simple plea is making:
”God bless thy life, and send thee what is best!”

I wish thee sunshine!
…that of Christ’s dear presence, –
His inward presence, – with thee all the way!
His smile; His love; His joy; Himself; glad sunshine!
Till, in His presence, breaks that Endless Day!

- by J. Danson Smith

Colossians 1:9-14  For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

----------------
 [Photo: Kingston, Tenn. circa 2006]
First published Jan. 3, 2016

2 comments:

  1. Mary, thank you for the beautiful picture, poem and Scripture. What a blessing, and such a wonderful guide for the New Year. May you be blessed, Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bev. I'm glad you were blessed! :-)
      I love the bare trees against a beautiful sky. It's like a stained glass window, isn't it?

      Delete