Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Thoughts from the Past -- Everlasting Strength




Oct. 30, 2006 [Edited]
Everlasting Strength

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

Verse 3 is commonly quoted, and it is a good and sweet promise. In fact, it was through a song based upon this verse that my Grandma Van Nattan came to realize her own need of peace with God and was ultimately saved.

However, I had not really noticed verse 4 till recently. Everlasting strength! What a wonderful thought that is for us in these amazingly weak bodies of flesh! What more could we ask for? Yes, we are plagued with weakness, but God's strength is greater, and it is longer - it is everlasting. It will never give out or let us down.

I am also reminded of Paul's words:

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

By God's grace we have access to the everlasting strength of the Lord Jehovah through Jesus Christ our Lord. Truly He is a God worthy of being trusted forever.
-----------------------------

Post Script – 2012

I don’t know about you, but sometimes I really struggle with strength, or the lack thereof.  Physical weakness, mental and emotional weakness, spiritual weakness – they all can be a real challenge.  But, what a comfort it is know that in the LORD there is everlasting strength.  This is connected closely with that perfect peace that we desire because when our minds are staid on the Lord, we can keep His everlasting strength in view.  The tendency to dwell on my own weaknesses is a surely a weight that I need to lay aside!  God is so abundantly able to do more than I can ask or think and His strength is everlasting.  Why do I fret so much about not being “able”?

Ephesians 3:20-21  Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

When I Think of Thee by Annie Johnson Flint

No comments:

Post a Comment