Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted



I hope that you will take the time to go over and read this moving poem on the Home Maker's Corner. It is a sober and profound contemplation of the crucifixion, something which we should be meditating upon this month as we look forward to the remembrance of Resurrection Sunday on April 1st.

Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted

Stricken, smitten and afflicted,
See Him dying on the tree!
'Tis the Christ by man rejected;
Yes, my soul, 'tis He, 'tis He.
'Tis the long expected Prophet,
David's son, yet David's Lord;
By His Son God now has spoken:
'Tis the true and faithful Word.

Continue Reading.

5 comments:

  1. Hi.. dropping by,,, I renamed my blog and changed the addy :-)
    Hope you still come by..
    Renee

    https://christianfamilyblog3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, this link didn't work for me. Can you give me the correct one if you see this message? I was going to "follow" your new one, but I don't know how to get to it.

      Delete
  2. Dropping by to see how your week is going :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last week started out a little crazy with some issues from my own health struggles on Sunday evening and then my mom needing to go to ER in an ambulance Monday night. My husband and I were the ones who accompanied my dad to ER to be with my mom, and after some tests they released her so we brought her home late the same night. We are very thankful, but it took me a good while to get over it!

      Delete