Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Random Questions - How Well Do You Know Your Dad?


My dad loved to play with his kids on the floor when we were little.
My two younger brothers and my sister are with him here.


How well do you know your dad? 


He is sitting in front of the TV, what is he watching? Probably a documentary, something about trains or something about another country.

Usually, what dressing does he eat on his salad? Something he concocted himself with pickle brine and herbs.

Name something he hates? Traffic

You go out to eat, what does he order to Drink? Decaf coffee, sweet tea or water.

Favorite music to listen to? Old hymns, YouTube videos of churches that use the Red Backed Hymn Book.

What is his nickname for you? When I was very little - Mary Sunshine.

When he's being sentimental it's about? My mom or something from his past.

What is something he likes to collect? Heirloom seeds and seed catalogs, true accounts of explorers from history.

What would he NEVER wear? A muscle shirt, anything effeminate.

What is his favorite sports team? Rocky and Bullwinkle.

You bake him a cake for his birthday, what flavor is it? Pineapple Upside-down Cake.

What is his favorite animal? I'm not sure there's one that qualifies, but probably something from East Africa.

What could he spend all day doing? Working in his garden, writing, doing stuff on the computer, reading.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could write some positive things about my Dad but sad to say he was a drunk who was abusive so that I shard. BUT, your post made me dig deep for something positive to say. ONe thing came to mind. Even though he drank every night he always got up and went to work the next day. Even when he was in jail, they let him out to do his job he was a plumber and we lived in a small town. Years later I learned his dad was a drunk and abused my dad. thank God I married a man who is a wonderful father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, praise the Lord you were challenged to do the hard thing and find something good to say. I'm sorry you went through that experience with your father. One of my grandmothers had a father who drank and was abusive at times. I know it can leave lifelong scars, but thank God He can use those scars for His glory in ministering to the hurts of others. All of us have those things in some way or another.

      I'm also happy to hear that you have a husband who has been a great father. Praise the Lord for keeping you from making the mistake some women with your background make in marrying the same type of man they grew up with!

      Delete