Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Thoughts from Hymns - The Greatness of God


Photo property of Stephanie - The Enchanting Rose

It's good to remember and think upon the greatness of God. Here is a post by Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose based upon this hymn:


Great God of Wonders


Psalm 96:4 For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.

Psalm 48:1 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness. 

O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the works thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed:

Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee:
How great thou art! How great thou art!

(translated by Stuart K. Hine)

No comments:

Post a Comment