Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, August 16, 2020

He Goes Before - A Poem by J. Danson Smith




Deuteronomy 1:30 The LORD your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes; 

He Goes Before


Dark is the sky, and veiled the unknown ‘morrow.
Dark is life’s way, for night is not yet o’er.
The longed for glimpse, I may not meanwhile borrow,
But this I know and trust, He goes before.

Dangers are near, and fears my mind are shaking.
Heart seems to dread, what life may hold in store.
But I am His. He knows the way I’m taking.
More blessed even still, He goes before.

Doubts cast their weird unwelcome shadows o'er me.
Doubts that life’s best, life’s choicest things are o'er.
What but His word can strengthen can restore me,
And this blessed fact that still He goes before.

He goes before, be this my consolation.
He goes before, on this my heart will dwell.
He goes before, this guarantees salvation.
He goes before, and therefore all is well.

J. Danson Smith

John 10:2-4 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 

4 comments:

  1. been searching for this. thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you were blessed. Thank you for stopping by to read and for commenting. :-)

      Delete