Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, March 14, 2021

From Mom's Collection - Born Blind

 


Matthew 13:14-16 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

The story goes...

A preacher in Hyde Park had just finished what he had to say when a man stepped from the crowd and addressed the company in this strain:

"Ladies and gentlemen, you have been listening to this chap talking about God, Heaven, and Jesus Christ. He has had a lot to say about sin and death, the devil and hell. I hope you won't believe a word of it. I don't. I refuse to believe in what I cannot see."

And in this manner he went on for some time ridiculing faith in anything that could not be seen.

As he finished, another man elbowed his way forward and on the this wise he, too, addressed the company:

"Friends, I hear that not far from here runs a river. I don't believe it. Many declare the grass hereabouts is a beautiful green. I don't believe it. And some also say that by these walks are pretty shrubs which yearly blossom forth to please the eye of man and make pleasant the surroundings. Again, let me declare, I don't believe it! By all this, however, I am sure that most of you standing here will decided that I am talking like a fool. Really, I am serious...

Continue Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment